Mary up skilled and achieved her B.A Counselling & Psychotherapy in 2016. Mary was also part-time tutor on the Certificate for Gestalt Course UCC: A supervisor for the students of the Higher Diploma Counselling Course UCC: A facilitator of the personal group process module for Masters in Counselling Students and Masters in Counselling Psychology Students UCC. and supervisor of the Students on Masters in Group Process UCC.
Mary increased her specialisation in Couples, Families and Small Systems with the Gestalt International Study Centre in 1995-1996.
- 2016 Cork Institute of Technology Bachelor of Arts in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- 1985 Waterford Institute of Technology Diploma Childcare.
- 1986 U.C.C Higher Diploma Guidance
- 1989 Cert Gestalt Therapy U.C.C
- 1995-96 Gestalt Institute Cleveland U.S.A Couple & Small Systems
To encourage the development of the individual, couple, family’s potential to be healthy, adaptive and cope with the challenges that life presents. To increase their awareness of skills, abilities and strengths. To help them to manage and deal more effectively with life difficulties, eg ,anxiety&stress of day to day life. conflicts and crises. The therapeutic relationship acts as a catalyst for greater self-awareness, growth and change.
Mary Slattery has thirty years of experience as an accredited counsellor in private practice .
It is a general counselling practice and her client population is from the young adult to the older adult .She also works with couples and those in relationship difficulties ,either work or personal .
Mary is positive and warm in her approach and resources her clients to appreciate what they do well .Mary offers a time focused or a time extended or a long term psychotherapeutic approach to therapy in collaboration with the client.
– Mary has B.A Counselling & Psychotherapy C.I.T
– Mary has a Diploma in Child Care W.IT
– Diploma Guidance Counselling U.C.C
– Cert Gestalt Therapy U.C.C
– Couple and Small Systems Gestalt Institute Cleveland U.S.A
– Mary is an accredited member of I.A.C.P